The US could ban travellers from Britain as flights continue to cross the Atlantic Ocean despite major fears over the new coronavirus strain spreading across the UK. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo last night called for flights from Britain to stop, saying that six are still arriving every day at John F. Kennedy Airport in the city. Countries including France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland and Bulgaria have already announced restrictions on UK travel following the outbreak of the new strain across South East England. Other countries halting flights arriving from Britain include Canada, Kuwait, Turkey, Morocco, Czech Republic, Slovakia, El Salvador, Romania, Iran, India and Israel. Further nations following suit are Colombia, Hong Kong, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal, Switzerland and Saudi Arabia. US authorities have so far said they are looking ‘very carefully’ into the virus variant spreading in the UK, while indicating that a ban on travel was not on the cards. Boris Johnson will hold crisis talks with senior ministers and officials after France banned hauliers carrying freight across the channel amid fears over the new strain. Foreign countries have banned flights from the UK as an emergency response to… Read full this story
- Nigeria: Buhari Has Never Called Me to Allocate Oil Blocks, Contracts
- Zimbabwe: Biti's Party Rages At UK Ambassador to Zimbabwe
- Trump's travel ban stranded her. Then America welcomed her.
- Thousands in a migrant caravan wait to cross the Guatemalan-Mexican border amid sweltering heat
- Nigeria: Suit Seeking to Stop National Assembly's Jumbo Pay Adjourned
- British Airways celebrates 60 years of jet-powered trans-Atlantic flying
- American Airlines adds Memphis International Airport flights to D.C., Miami
- Split by Trump's travel ban, a family races to reunite
- Egypt: Rafah Crossing Reopened
- Nigeria: I've Never Received a Call From Buhari to Give Out Oil Blocs
America on brink of banning Britons over mutant Covid strain? Calls for US authorities to join 32 nations blocking all visitors from UK as six flights a day continue to cross Atlantic have 295 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.