Published 30 December 2020 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics Coronavirus pandemic The Department of Health in Northern Ireland has reported a record number of positive coronavirus cases within the past 24 hours. A further 2,143 people have tested positive – the highest daily total since testing began. Six people have died with the virus. The chief medical officer said the figures were “extremely troubling”. The NI Assembly will meet to discuss the return of schools on Thursday amid concerns over the surge in cases. The figures came after Health Minister Robin Swann welcomed the approval of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, which will lead to a huge expansion in the UK’s immunisation campaign. Mr Swann said deployment of the vaccine is expected next week and confirmed 50,000 doses were already in Northern Ireland. There are currently 457 inpatients who have tested positive for coronavirus in NI hospitals, and 35 in Intensive Care Units. In the past seven days, 7,100 people have tested positive for coronavirus, up from 4,271 in the previous week. NI Assembly to meet to discuss school return The seven-day incidence rate – covering December 23 to 29 – has risen to 377.3 per 100,000… Read full this story
- New England's quest for redemption and a 19-0 record
- "Only Messi and I could play at the highest level for more than a decade," says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Reports: Premier League club up for sale for potential world record fee
- Reports: Manchester United preparing a club-record bid for Serie A Superstar
- Kiszla: The pressure’s on Vance Joseph and Case Keenum. But Broncos must ask more from Von Miller.
- 2018-19 season primer: Colorado Avalanche
- 2018-19 NBA Schedule: Win-Loss Predictions for Every Team
- 2018-19 college basketball rankings: Changes in Top 25 (and 1) after NCAA draft withdrawal deadline
- College basketball rankings: The top 100 (and one) best players for the 2018-19 season
- Biggest question facing each NBA team for 2018-19: How will Lakers fit around LeBron? What's Celtics' best closing lineup?
Covid-19: NI records highest ever daily coronavirus cases have 310 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.