At the start of his administration, Bill Clinton William (Bill) Jefferson Clinton LIVE COVERAGE: Biden delivers State of the Union A promise kept: How Biden can come away with a win this SOTU Russia invasion of Ukraine could play unusual role in midterms MORE was strategizing with top economic advisers Bob Rubin and Gene Sperling. Rubin, who had been co-chair of Goldman Sachs, was no stranger to Washington but wondered: Who was this Bob Greenstein they kept citing? On programs affecting poor people, Greenstein is the gold standard, they explained. “He really is,” recalls Rubin, who has turned to Greenstein repeatedly over the ensuing quarter century. In a town that thrives on self-promotion, Bob Greenstein is an outlier. Over the past four decades he has been the most influential advocate — even more than those overpaid K Street influence peddlers. The Washington Post’s Steve Pearlstein called him a ” powerhouse for the poor .” ADVERTISEMENT Next week he’s stepping down as the head of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP), which he started in 1981. It is the end of an era. Greenstein was an official at the Department of Agriculture in the late 1970s when he once defeated Sen. Jesse… Read full this story
- Did Kapil Dev really end his career as poorly as people believe he did?
- WBTV Casting Department Selects 10 Drama Students For Inaugural COVID-Era Training Program
- WWE Brand Invitational returns; Champions vs Champions & Title Match set
- States are trying to change a system that keeps poor people in jail. The bail industry is blocking them.
- Hockey India, a poor cousin of BCCI, rocked by a cricket-like power struggle
- End of the Era? Messi and Ronaldo Absent From UEFA Player Of the Year List
- Marge Champion Dies: Golden Age TV Dancer, Model For Disney’s Snow White Was 101
- Adder bad day? Chloe the Yorkshire terrier gets bitten by a SNAKE to leave the poor pet with a massively swollen head
- ‘Respect and Condolences’: Conor McGregor, Badou Jack React to Nurmagomedov Ending His UFC Career
- Mbappe chases Messi record, history weighs heavily on Pirlo – Champions League in Opta numbers
End of an era: Champion of programs for the poor retiring have 346 words, post on thehill.com at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.