WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO : President Joe Biden is hiring a group of national security veterans with deep cyber expertise, drawing praise from former defense officials and investigators as the US government works to recover from one of the biggest hacks of its agencies attributed to Russian spies. “It is great to see the priority that the new administration is giving to cyber,” said Suzanne Spaulding, director of the Defending Democratic Institutions project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Cybersecurity was demoted as a policy field under the Trump administration. It discontinued the Cybersecurity Coordinator position at the White House, shrunk the State Department’s cyber diplomacy wing, and fired federal cybersecurity leader Chris Krebs in the aftermath of Donald Trump’s Nov. 3 election defeat. Disclosed in December, the hack struck eight federal agencies and numerous companies, including software provider SolarWinds Corp. US intelligence agencies publicly attributed it to Russian state actors. Moscow has denied involvement in the hack. Under a recent law, Biden must open a cyber-focused office reporting to a new National Cyber Director, who will coordinate the federal government’s vast cyber capabilities, said Mark Montgomery, a former congressional staffer who helped design the role. The leading candidate for… Read full this story
- Sophia the AI robot says Ethiopia is a 'special' country with 'world class talent'
- Pensacola Cycling Classic highlights stunning local scenery, world-class competition
- In England, A Nation Conditioned To World Cup Failure Is Starting To Believe
- IBM lands $740M contract to provide IT services to Australian government
- What's different about Donald Trump's phone calls with world leaders?
- England vs Sweden – Nation nurses a sore head after partying in the streets as we make first World Cup semi-final in 28 years
- FilmBar Turns Into an Intimate Soccer Arena for World Cup Fans
- With Russian hacking fresh in mind, Washington state beefs up elections cybersecurity
- Iranians indicted in hacks on US banks, New York dam
- Midterm elections, social media and hacking: What you need to know
After big hack of US government, Biden enlists 'world class' cybersecurity team have 321 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.