Nvidia has unveiled its mass market GPU play, the $330 GeForce RTX 3060, at CES on Tuesday.The company said its 60-class chips are its most popular, with the GTX 1060 topping Steam popularity charts since its 2016 unveiling, while noting that 90% of GeForce gamers do not yet have an RTX series GPU and remain on the GTX chips.Nvidia said the RTX 3060 has twice the raster performance and 10x the ray-tracing capability of the 5-year old GTX 1060.Spec-wise, the company said the Ampere-based RTX 3060 arrives with 12GB of DDR6 memory, 192-bit memory interface, 13 shader-TFLOPs, 25 RT-TFLOPs for ray tracing, and 101 tensor-TFLOPs for AI-boosted deep learning super sampling for pixel prediction in supported games.As a 30-series GPU, the RTX 3060 has support for resizable BAR to allow the CPU to allow all of the GPU memory at once on compatible motherboards, as well as Reflex support to reduce input lag and Broadcast support to apply AI enhancements to audio and video feeds, and video conferencing.The RTX 3060 is set to be available on late February. Speaking with journalists on Wednesday, Nvidia representatives said the company was making GPUs as quick as it could to meet demand and… Read full this story
- The TRUTH about hit TV show Chernobyl: Are the characters real, what happened to them and how much creative licence did writers of acclaimed HBO series about 1986 nuclear disaster take?
- NVIDIA Takes RTX, AI and CloudXR to Autodesk University
- Sana Mir takes break from international cricket; to miss series against England next month
- Katie Price hints she’s about to dump toyboy Charles Drury and take back ex Kris Boyson with a series of cryptic posts about love
- New Processors and Graphics at CES Point the Way for 2019 PCs
- Rumor: Nvidia plans to bring Super refresh to notebooks in March 2020
- Did NVIDIA do the right thing by holding back Oreo for the Shield TV?
- Here are the top five 13-inch laptops in India
- Microsoft's Surface Laptop 3 comes with metal finish, Intel and AMD CPUs, 15-inch variant
- Qualcomm’s new 700 series could help create a new ‘premium midrange’
CES 2021: Nvidia takes wraps off GeForce RTX 3060 and RTX 30 series laptop GPUs have 349 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.