Donald Trump has granted clemency to Steve Bannon as part of a wave of 143 pardons and commutations announced early Wednesday morning during the president’s final hours in office. Bannon, 67, helped Trump win the election in 2016 and was a senior White House adviser. In August last year he pleaded not guilty to charges that he defrauded MAGA donors to ‘We Build the Wall,’ an online campaign that raised $25 million. Pardoning Bannon in a list that dropped shortly after midnight the White House said: ‘President Trump granted a full pardon to Stephen Bannon. Prosecutors pursued Mr. Bannon with charges related to fraud stemming from his involvement in a political project. ‘Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political acumen.’ Trump has also pardoned rappers Lil Wayne and Kodak Black who were prosecuted on federal weapons offenses, as well as former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, who was serving a 28-year prison term on corruption charges. He will also pardon Elliott Broidy, a former top fundraiser for Trump who pleaded guilty last year to violating foreign lobbying laws, Ken Kurson, a friend of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner who was charged last October… Read full this story
- Ex-Trump adviser Steve Bannon pleads not guilty to ‘funneling $1M from border wall fund’ after arrest on superyacht
- 'Robert, I Love You. Rest In Peace!': Donald Trump holds funeral service at the White House for his younger brother Robert who died last week aged 71 - the first such ceremony held there since the death of JFK in 1963
- Bannon partners had history of cashing in on Trump movement
- How Trump will try to erase what Democrats accomplished
- Melania Trump pleads for an end to 'looting and violence in the name of justice' as she tackles racial division, mourns victims of COVID and backs her husband saying he gives 'total honesty' and 'loves America'
- RNC Night 2: Trump uses powers of office to make his case for reelection
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - First lady casts Trump as fighter for the 'forgotten'
- Trump, GOP walk tightrope in wooing minority voters
- Former Arizona senator Jeff Flake leads dozens of 'Republicans against Trump' ex-lawmakers in public declaration of backing for Joe Biden at start of party convention
- Trump puts voters on high alert
Trump PARDONS Steve Bannon: President grants clemency to 143 people including White House strategist who 'defrauded MAGA fans out of $1M', Lil Wayne, Kodak Black and convicted politicians have 377 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.