Clashing political ideologies is fast becoming one of the top dealbreakers for urban Indian singles on dating apps, say dating and matchmaking experts. Gen Z and millennial women are driving this trend both in India and around the world as most of them place politics of their potential match right after aspects like their thoughts on feminism and overall personality while deciding whom to date. According to OkCupid’s survey of a million users on the dating app in India, 29% of women prefer not to date someone with radical-left or radical-right politics as against 25% men. Since women’s issues have been front and centre the world over of late, women, especially millennials, have been the most vocal about their political views, observes Julie Spira, an online dating expert from Los Angeles. “It’s not a priority as you’re going to have a lot of differences,” says Swetha Priyadharshini from Chennai. “But with the current political scenario in India, there are a lot of political ideologies I don’t associate myself with, and I’d at least like to know what I’m getting into.” Priyadharshini, 22, had recently disengaged with a man on a dating app whose political beliefs were a direct opposite of… Read full this story
- After Split With Jessie J, Actor Channing Tatum Looks For Love On Dating App
- Sharon Stone, 61, reveals she's been BLOCKED from Bumble because they don't believe it's really her as she begs the dating app to reinstate her account and help her find love
- Myles Stephenson reveals he's using celebrity dating app Raya in his bid to find love... and he's already matched with a string of famous ladies
- Ulrika Jonsson, 52, looks for love on an over-50s dating app - describing herself as a nutter - after admitting that she only had sex with ex-husband Brian Monet once in eight years
- Channing Tatum Is Trying This Dating App After Jessie J Breakup
- Who'll find love on our blind date? This week it's Kate, 47, and Simon, 46, but will romance be on the cards?
- Why mature dating apps are coming of age
- Are Dating Apps Creating Too Many Problems?
- Are Dating Apps Making Gay Men Miserable?
- Ulrika Jonsson signs up for over-50s dating app after sexless marriage ends
What happens when love meets political beliefs on dating apps have 370 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.