Communications Minister Paul Fletcher has signalled the government’s intentions to watch the voluntary code of practice , which aims to stem disinformation on digital platforms that operate in Australia. The code was prepared by the Digital Industry Group Inc (DiGi), a non-profit industry association advocating for the digital industry in Australia. It comes in response to the Australian government asking the digital industry in December 2019 to develop a code in response to policy as set out in Re g ulating in the Digital Age: Government Response and Implementation Roadmap for the Digital Platforms Inquiry . DiGi volunteered to develop the draft for the industry. All signatories — Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Redbubble, TikTok, and Twitter — have committed to the Australian Code of Practice on Disinformation and Misinformation. They have also committed to releasing an annual transparency report about their efforts under the code. Speaking on Tuesday at a press conference on Facebook restoring news back to its platform in Australia, Fletcher said the code being voluntary reflects a recommendation from the ACCC’s Digital Platforms Inquiry. “We’ve made it plain that we will review the performance, the Australian Communications and Media Authority will report to me in the middle of… Read full this story
- Fintech business lenders sign code to lift transparency
- Full video and transcript: Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky at Code 2018
- Nigeria: AfDB, Microsoft, Others Target Nine Million Youths in Coding for Employment Programme
- Nigeria: Airlines Denounce Human Trafficking, Set New Control Measures
- Nigeria: Buhari's Measures Yielding Results for Nigeria
- How football in Australia has normalised greatness
- Full video and transcript: Momofuku chef David Chang at Code 2018
- Why Australia's great banking boom has ended
- Nintendo has hefty anti-piracy measures on the Switch
- Fewer Toilets, Insensitive Staff and Unsafe Transport: Are Schools Failing Our Girls?
Australia will consider 'other measures' if voluntary misinformation code fails have 286 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.