Greece and Israel agreed to a coronavirus vaccine passport "trial run" scheme, the countries' leaders announced in Jerusalem. Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis has been one of the leading voices in the European Union pushing for the adoption of vaccine passports, as the tourism industry upon which his country thrives has all but collapsed during the pandemic. At a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the Greek leader said on Monday: "We need to facilitate travellers once they provide easy proof of vaccination and this is what we intend to do with Israel." "I expect what we will be doing with Israel to be a trial run for what we can do with other countries," Mitsotakis added in comments reported by Ekathimerini . Mr Netanyahu said that the scheme between the two countries would allow travel "without any limitations, no self-isolation, nothing" for those who can prove that they have been inoculated against the virus. Tourism is at the backbone of the Greek economy, employing about a fifth of all workers in the country. The industry was incredibly hard hit by the Chinese coronavirus last year, seeing revenues drop from around 15 billion euros in 2019 to… Read full this story
- Russia plans coronavirus vaccine clinical trials in two weeks - report
- Vaccine enters phase 3 trial
- More than 5,000 Britons have volunteered to take part in the world's biggest trial to find a treatment for COVID-19 - and it includes the anti-malaria drug touted by Donald Trump
- ‘It’s really complicated.’ United States and others wrestle with putting COVID-19 vaccines to the test
- All the COVID-19 treatments currently in clinical trials
- COVID-19 Drug Could Be More Effective than Rushed Vaccine - Expert on India Setting ‘Wrong’ Deadline
- Beijing approves experimental Covid-19 vaccine for use in Chinese military
- Explained: How did Bharat Biotech emerge as dark horse in race for COVID-19 vaccine?
- US government will pay Novavax $1.6billion to develop its coronavirus vaccine and deliver 100 million doses by January
- Where Should Covid-19 Vaccines Be Tested? It's a Moving Target
Greece Announces Vaccine Passport ‘Trial Run’ System With Israel have 339 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.