Jackie Weaver has become a household name overnight after being at the cente of a spat at Handforth Parish Council’s planning meeting that saw her eject the chairman from a Zoom call after he rejected her authority Until today Handforth’s claim to fame was being home to one of Britain’s biggest M&S superstores and its proximity to Manchester Airport. But the town in east Cheshire, surrounded by villages inhabited by millionaire footballers, is now firmly on the map after an explosive parish council meeting was watched by 3million people on YouTube and began trending globally on Twitter. During the seven-minute edited highlights package of Handforth Parish Council’s planning committee’s December hearing someone is heard exclaiming: ‘f*** off’ at the start, a toilet is heard flushing and another person answers the door as councillors from two rival factions struggled with the mute button. But it is clerk Jackie Weaver’s battle with council chairman Brian Tolver that has captured the nation’s imagination and is being dubbed Britain’s worst-ever Zoom meeting. Mr Tolver was thrown out of the pre-Christmas hearing – the second meeting in a row – after he accused rival councillors of calling it illegally and yelling: ‘You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver!… Read full this story
- Queen kicks Prince Andrew's [email protected] out of Buckingham Palace as Barclays pulls funding and Duke of York is forced to step down from his pet business project - but he does get a show of support from his mother as they ride out together
- Things Are Going Great for Jonathan Pryce. Maybe Too Great
- 'Deeply Hurt' Queen gathers Royals for Megxit crisis summit: Prince Harry will be warned'abdication' could take MONTHS in crunch talks - as couple's hopes to 'settle in LA after Donald Trump's Presidency ends' are revealed
- Downcast Queen arrives for church at Sandringham as Prince Charles makes a flying visit to Oman ahead of tomorrow's royal showdown over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit duties - after Wills revealed sadness at the 'broken bond'
- The story of Mean Machines magazine
- Roxanne Pallett QUITS her radio show, steps down from panto, and Emmerdale bosses say they will 'never' rehire her... as she 'turns her back' on showbusiness
- Broadcaster John Humphrys savages bias at the BBC as he accuses the ‘Kremlin’ style corporation of being out of touch
- The aggressive, outrageous, infuriating (and ingenious) rise of BrewDog
- Why Washington Insiders Decide to Leak
- LA prosecutors charge Harvey Weinstein with raping a woman at a hotel and sexually assaulting another the following night just five days before the 2013 Oscars where he appeared with his pregnant wife - as his New York trial finally gets underway
Revealed: The real reason behind THAT explosive Handforth Parish Council row - as its star Jackie Weaver admits she DIDN'T have authority (and it's not the first time things have kicked off) have 444 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.