Tectonic shifts have shaken the home security industry over the past 15 years. Traditional, professionally installed and monitored systems like ADT and Comcast Xfinity, which have been around for decades in some cases, have been forced to make room for brash new competitors. Affordable and accessible DIY systems and standalone internet-connected devices like cameras , smart locks and video doorbells have all elbowed their way into the space and captured consumer attention. It’s not just dedicated home security developers muscling into the industry, either. Tech giants like Amazon, Google and Apple have acquired smaller security-focused companies and launched their own gadgets for years now. Smarten up Get the best reviews, videos and comparisons in CNET’s Smart Home and Appliances newsletter. What’s more, new technologies often mean new vulnerabilities, whether it’s the rise in package theft that has accompanied Amazon delivery’s explosive growth or the risk of hacking that accompanies the proliferation of Wi-Fi connected security cameras in homes. It’s admittedly quite a bit to take in — and today’s home security providers don’t necessarily always make it easy to comparison shop. That’s where we come in. We’ve put the top DIY security systems to the test at the CNET Smart… Read full this story
- Up your home security with $130 off this Arlo Ultra 4K camera system
- SimpliSafe Memorial Day Sale: 20% off home security (and a free SimpliCam!)
- Which smart security cams are serious about privacy? We’ve ranked them all
- The Best Wireless Soundbars For Your Home Theater
- Protect your privacy with the best cheap VPN deals for May 2020
- These are the best Google Nest Camera deals for May 2020
- Best mesh Wi-Fi systems of 2020
- Best Wall Mount for Kindle Fire Tablet in 2020
- iOS 13 vs. Android 10: Which OS is more secure?
- Best Memorial Day Sales 2020: All the deals from Best Buy, Home Depot, Apple & more
The best home security systems of 2021: From DIY devices to professionally monitored systems have 308 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 13, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.