When Apple launched the Apple AirPods almost six years ago, there was a sense of scepticism. People weren't sure if a rather odd-looking pair of headphones could actually work. Something similar happened when Amazon launched its smart speakers — Echo devices. There wasn't an ecosystem around it and more importantly, voice-based assistants hadn't really taken off. But like the AirPods, Echo devices are dominating so much that everyone is really playing for seconds. Here's why Amazon enjoys lion's share in the Indian market According to Techarc, a Gurgaon-based research firm, Amazon has a whopping 80% market share in the smart speaker market. As per the research firm, Amazon will continue to dominate the space for a while. This is down to a few primary factors. Amazon offers the widest range of smart speakers compared to competition like Google, Apple and Xiaomi. Amazon offers the Echo Dot — starts under Rs 5,000 and goes up to the Echo Studio, which costs Rs 22,990. Amazon also has a range of smart speakers that come with displays. Techarc says that Amazon investing in building content and use case ecosystem by helping the development of skills is also helping the tech giant. In India… Read full this story
- Unwrapping the Secrets of SEO: Optimizing for the Smart Speaker Wars -
- JBL Link Bar smart speaker for the Google-everything smart home
- Amazon Echo Show 2.0 review: Bigger sound and better looks
- Google Just Turned a Huge Corner in the Smart Speaker Game
- Tap to Alexa makes Amazon Echo Show friendlier to the hearing impaired
- Bestsellers: Amazon Echo Dot
- No, I won't use the Amazon Echo to buy things. Because of Alexa
- Bestsellers: Amazon Echo
- How to Use Amazon Echo as Your Home Security System
- Galaxy Home: Can Samsung make up for lost time in the smart speaker space?
Why Amazon Echo is the AirPods of smart speakers in India have 298 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.