The period between late 2018 and early 2019 was an inflection point in the ongoing battle between AMD and Intel . In late 2018, Intel continued its dominance in the gaming space by releasing the i9-9900K , which was the first CPU outside of Intel's Extreme range to sport the i9 marker. AMD followed up shortly after with the Ryzen 9 3900X . Although AMD had been competitive in productivity apps in its two previous Ryzen generations, the 3900X proved that team red still has the power to go up against Intel. The 3900X marks a return for AMD, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better than the 9900K. Let's dig into the details to find the better CPU. By the numbers Only eclipsed by its 16-core sibling , the Ryzen 9 3900X is an extremely powerful mainstream CPU packing fantastic specifications. The Core i9-9900K is no slouch, however, and by the numbers, they're pretty comparable. Intel Core i9 9900K AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Process node 14nm 7nm Cores 8 12 Threads 16 24 L2/L3 cache 2MB/16MB 6MB/64MB Base clock speed 3.6GHz 3.8GHz Boost clock speed 4.7GHz (all cores) 5GHz (one core) 4.1GHz+ (all cores) 4.6GHz (one core) Graphics Intel… Read full this story
- Early benchmarks pit AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X against Intel Core i9-7900K
- Intel Core i9-7960X review: It beats Threadripper, but for a price
- Apple iPhone 6 vs HTC One (M8) vs Sony Xperia Z3 Compact: specs comparison
- AMD vs Intel: which chipmaker does processors better?
- Intel Core i3-8350K and Core i3-8100 (14nm, Coffee Lake)
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X gets overclocked to break the 6GHz barrier
- Intel vs. AMD Update: Skulltrail vs. Spider/3870 X2
- Spec Comparison: Huawei MateBook vs. Samsung Galaxy TabPro S
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 vs Apple iPad Air vs Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: specs comparison
- Moto X Style vs Samsung Galaxy S6 vs LG G4: Specs comparison
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X vs. Intel Core i9-9900K | Spec Comparison | Digital Trends have 313 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 19, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.