Something’s going right Cut off from Google, Huawei has had to go it alone. Michael Allison 2 Mar 2021 2 Source: Alex Dobie / Android Central What you need to know Huawei has been cut off from Google for the past two years. The company developed its App Gallery as a replacement for the Google Play Store. Huawei this month announced strong continued growth of the App Gallery. Despite the lack of Google support for its phones, Huawei is still here and making some of the best Android phones we’ve seen, when it comes to hardware at least. The company had been forced to build out its own App Gallery, a Play Store replacement, to even compete in the smartphone market. There are few signs that it’s doing much to stop the bleeding, and rumors are swirling about Huawei jettisoning its flagship lines . Still, the company today shared news of the uptake of its AppGallery over the past year, and it’s a growing business. Huawei says that AppGallery now boasts 530 million monthly active users across the world, 2.3 million registered developers, and has seen a 188% increase in apps that work with HMS core. The company further cited… Read full this story
- Gavin and Stacey star Ruth Jones left stunned by her grandfather’s saucy love letters on Who Do You Think You Are?
- Huawei ban timeline: Chinese company may build a chip plant due to US sanctions
- Huawei ban timeline: Company sues Trump administration over documents linked to CFO's arrest
- Huawei opens Harmony OS to other hardware-makers to rival Android and iOS
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus' 10x optical zoom camera puts iPhone and Samsung to shame
- 5 things to know before you buy a Huawei P40 Pro phone
- Huawei has no plans to launch a Harmony OS-powered phone this year
- Jack Ma is making history again with the Ant IPO, and getting even more wealthy while doing it
- Dirac's audio tuning app makes any headphones sound much better
- Huawei Exec Warns Telcoms of 'Complacency', Urges 5.5G to Evolve Amid US Anti-China Telco Pact Push
Huawei's Play Store competitor is doing better than you think have 335 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.