The US logged another 4 million or so vaccinations Friday, bringing the total doses administered in the country over 200 million at the time of writing. Over 127 million adults—38.5 percent of the US population—have received at least one shot. Over 80 million adults—24 percent of the US population—are now fully vaccinated. The seven-day rolling average of US vaccinations per day is now around 3.35 million and the Biden administration is on track to make its latest goal of 200 million vaccinations within the first 100 days in office. Even with a current pause in use of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine, Biden officials expect availability of vaccine to remain strong. "Vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer are still widely available," Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in a White House COVID-19 press briefing Friday. "We continue to work with pharmacies, states, and FEMA to make sure the vaccine supply remains robust across the country as we approach April 19th, when all Americans above age 16 or 18—depending on the vaccine received—will be eligible for vaccination." Walensky and other officials stressed in the briefing how critical it is to keep up the pace of vaccinations…. Read full this story
- Coronavirus vaccine update: Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine may be the first shot available for Indians
- The best photographs of 2017 – by the people who shot them
- Flu season will be a test run for the US’s biggest-ever vaccine campaign
- Russia’s new Sputnik launch raises risks in dash for Covid-19 vaccine
- Facebook’s dilemma: How to police claims about unproven COVID-19 vaccines
- Inside the company at the forefront of China's push to develop a coronavirus vaccine
- In a global pandemic, it's a good year to get a flu shot
- Russia to begin Covid-19 vaccine trials on 40,000 people next week
- Russia's COVID-19 Vaccine is Work of Several Decades, Gamaleya Deputy Research Director Reveals
- Varun Dhawan: 'Ab mujhe raat din, vaccine ka intezaar hain'
At 38.5% vaccinated, US may be running low on people eager for a shot have 316 words, post on arstechnica.com at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.