Earth Day this year finds Washington jam-packed with environmental events as the White House prepares both to host an international climate summit and announce its Paris Agreement target of halving U.S. emissions by 2030, all while world-famous activist Greta Thunberg appears on Capitol Hill. President Biden Joe Biden Biden announces picks to lead oceans, lands agencies Overnight Defense: Top general concerned about Afghan forces after US troops leave | Pentagon chief: Climate crisis ‘existential’ threat to US national security | Army conducts review after 4 Black soldiers harassed at Virginia IHOP Feds expect to charge scores more in connection to Capitol riot MORE will announce that he aims to slash the country’s greenhouse gas emissions by between 50 and 52 percent compared to 2005 levels in less than a decade, on the way to his larger goal of eventually reaching net-zero emissions by 2050. The goal is expected to guide domestic climate policy for years to come. ADVERTISEMENT Its announcement comes on the 51st Earth Day celebration, as scientists voice increasing levels of alarm about climate change and how it’s already impacting the planet following a year that included a barrage of natural disasters. The move sends a signal to… Read full this story
- Jeff Bezos announces broad new pledge to take on climate change
- Joe Biden’s Digital Ads Are Disappearing. Not a Good Sign, Strategists Say.
- Reliance Jio Users Not Ported, Flipkart Summer Shopping Days Sale, Nokia 3310 Limited Edition, and More: Your 360 Daily
- Cory Booker risked his presidential campaign on a 10-day fundraising push. Here's how it played out
- At CES 2019, Apple finally sets iTunes, AirPlay loose
- Scorched Earth: Cities Seek to Protect Themselves from Climate Change
- Trump expected to withdraw from Paris climate accord as European allies protest
- Captain Marvel: Snazzy new posters kick off 50-day countdown
- Once nearly extinct, New Jersey oysters join the jet set
- Cory Booker meets 2020 campaign fundraising goal
DC set for jam-packed Earth Day as Biden announces Paris emissions goal have 303 words, post on thehill.com at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.