Rep. Krystle Matthews (D-S.C.) said in a new interview that “voter registration, engagement and mobilization” are the keys to defeating Sen. Tim Scott Timothy (Tim) Eugene Scott Shocking killing renews tensions over police Democrat: ‘Registration, engagement’ are keys to toppling Sen. Tim Scott in South Carolina Passage of FASTER Act is critical for food allergy community MORE (R-S.C.) in 2022. "We're going to meet and engage as many people as we can, particularly people who haven't voted in a while," Matthews, who is expected to officially launch a campaign on Tuesday to defeat Scott, told The Associated Press . "This is a true grassroots effort, focusing on voter registration, engagement and mobilization," she added. ADVERTISEMENT Matthews said her campaign wants to register 150,000 new voters across South Carolina, where Democrats have struggled to close the margin in statewide elections. Matthews, 40, who was recently elected to her second term in the South Carolina State House, represents the district of north Charleston, the AP noted. The news service added that she is working with campaign aides who helped Kristin Graziano become the state's first elected female sheriff in 2020. "The people of South Carolina, we're ready for somebody that represents all of the people, all of the time,… Read full this story
- Georgia gives Tim Scott challenger "hope" in bid to take down South Carolina Republican
- Tim Scott Doesn’t Like Being Called Names for Voting for Sessions, but He Must Live With Voting for a Good Ol’ Boy
- Cory Booker disputes Tim Scott's claim Democrats wanted to defund police in reform bill
- Senator Tim Scott says police reform talks collapsed because Democrats supported "defunding the police"
- Don Lemon Opposes The Name Calling But Not The Sentiment When Democratic Leader Calls Tim Scott An ‘Oreo’
- ‘That’s Not Constructive’: Cory Booker Refuses To Blame Tim Scott After Police Reform Negotiations Splinter
- Ex-Trump voting battle adviser set for South Carolina forum
- Transcript: Senator Tim Scott on "Face the Nation," September 26, 2021
- Democrats press Schumer on removing Confederate statues from Capitol
- Bipartisan Police Reform Deal ‘Out Of Reach,’ Sen. Booker Says
Democrat: 'Registration, engagement' are keys to toppling Sen. Tim Scott in South Carolina have 351 words, post on thehill.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.