Elon Musk, the self-proclaimed “Dogefather,” continued to show his mastery of the media with deft use of Dogecoin, a parody cryptocurrency. Tesla’s CEO plugged his appearance next week on Saturday Night Live by tweeting, “The Dogefather SNL May 8.” The media yelped, yowled and howled in response. And Dogecoin’s price jumped 20% to $0.32—almost as satisfying as a tasty bone, but still 28.89% below its record high of $0.45 reached earlier this month. SpaceX owner and Tesla CEO Elon Musk poses on the red carpet of the Axel Springer Award 2020 on December 01, 2020 in Berlin, Germany. Musk has helped to increase the popularity of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin, which he has previously called “the people’s crypto.” Britta Pedersen-Pool/Getty Images For all but the joke coin’s true believers, its hefty percentage increases in the past aren’t statistically significant because it’s off a small base. How will Musk—and the press—react if Dogecoin exceeds $1? Possible headline in The Flea-Free News : Will Dogecoin Beat SpaceX to Mars? The number of Bitcoins is capped at 21 million, but there is no limit on the number of Dogecoins that can be produced—perhaps a wry comment on the U.S. Federal Reserve’s policy of quantitative… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Reveals Interior of New Starship - Video
- ‘Something is Up’: Twitter Users Suspect Elon Musk of Being an AI-Bot
- America loves pickup trucks. Can Elon Musk win drivers over with a Tesla 'Cybertruck'?
- Tesla already has 146,000 orders for its futuristic Cybertruck, Elon Musk says
- Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for the Cybertruck since its reveal
- #Cybertruck and #DeLorean Trend as People Compare Elon Musk's Tesla Electric Truck to Iconic Car
- Elon Musk's Boring Company Flamethrowers Sell Out But You Can Still Get One on Ebay for a Price
- Elon Musk’s Starship spacecraft buries launch complex in -196C ‘liquid nitrogen’ during bungled test
- Explosion rocks SpaceX launch site in Florida during test
- The worst things on the internet in 2018
Elon Musk Tweets 'Dogefather' Meme for SNL Appearance, Dogecoin Jumps 20% have 324 words, post on www.newsweek.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.