BRUSSELS (AP) – European Union leaders, their British counterparts and European businesses expressed hope Wednesday that the final ratification of the post-Brexit trade deal will open a new, positive era of cooperation despite the many divisive topics remaining between the former partners. After European lawmakers overwhelmingly ratified the agreement ensuring that free trade continues between the two sides without tariffs and quotas, U.K. Prime minister Boris Johnson said the vote marked the "final step in a long journey, providing stability to our new relationship with the EU as vital trading partners, close allies and sovereign equals." Eurocrats Brand Brexit a 'Historic Mistake' Ahead of Ratifying Trade Deal https://t.co/QnsCzD8mKM — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 27, 2021 European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen said the accord's "faithful implementation is essential" while EU Council chief Charles Michel welcomed the beginning of a "new era." Relations between the EU and the U.K. have been strained since a Brexit transition period ended on Jan. 1. The two sides have argued so far this year over issues ranging from violations of the so-called Northern Ireland protocol, COVID-19 vaccine supplies to the full diplomatic recognition of the EU in Britain. EU lawmakers approved the final ratification… Read full this story
- Brexit is DONE! Britain FINALLY breaks free of EU rules - with Dover lying deserted on the stroke of 11pm amid warnings of queues and shortages ahead
- Brexit news latest – UK has a ‘great future’ after trade deal as four Navy warships patrol English Channel
- Macron says Brexit is the product of 'lies and false promises' in annual address delivered hours after his father denounced him as a 'self-serving' politician
- What Brexit chaos? Britain says EU trade is 'running smoothly' as trucks cross Channel on UK's first day outside single market - as first Irish Sea checks take place under new deal
- Boris Johnson promises Covid freedom as ‘the sun rises on 2021’ – but warns of ‘hard struggle’ first
EU Signs off Brexit Deal, Boris Hails ‘Final Step in a Long Journey’ have 329 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.