In brief: Capcom's Resident Evil Village demo gives players just 60 minutes to check out both the castle and village areas of the game. On the PC, however, someone has found a way to reset that timer, allowing you to explore without the pressure of a ticking clock. As reported by PC Gamer , posters on the demo's Steam forums revealed a method of bypassing the timer using the third-party SAM tool. Capcom should have suspected this would happen. The day before the exploit was revealed, it had to take down the PC demo’s servers after players bypassed the countdown lock for its release, allowing them to access the content early. If you don't want to be limited to an hour of Resi Village gameplay, Steam user Leaves has posted a helpful step-by-step guide: 1. Disable Steam Cloud for RE8 Demo 2. Download Steam SAM (Steam Achievement Manager) 3. Delete Local Savefiles (Located: D:\Steam\userdata\ \1541780\remote\win64_save\) 4. Start Steam SAM 5. Select RE8 Demo 6. Remove Achievements and Stats, confirm. This should reset the timer to zero when you replay the demo, which is available until May 9, two days after the full game's launch. As the hype surrounding Resident Evil… Read full this story
- The creators of Amnesia want to fix what Resident Evil and Silent Hill broke
- 11 tech demo videos that will make you excited for PS5, Xbox Project Scarlett and the next gen
- ‘Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil’ Tricks ‘Joker’ & Steals No. 1 With $19.37M After Dead Heat B.O. Battle
- Here are the 10 games you absolutely can’t afford to miss at E3 2017
- The Big Question: What games are you most looking forward to in 2017?
- preview: Ambitious, expansive, and “absolutely crazy”
Resident Evil Village: how to bypass the demo's timer; Capcom releases puppet-based trailer have 285 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.