Australia Post has said it is overhauling its event management platform to further improve parcel tracking through its warehouses. Australia Post CIO Munro Farmer explained that the need to improve parcel tracking was driven by the increase in parcel shipments . “What we saw in 2020 was that four out of five Australian households — so almost 9 million households — were making an online purchase at some point during the year, and included in that number was more than 1.3 million households that purchased in 2020 that hadn’t bought online in 2019,” he said. “That can be attributed to two key factors: Regular shoppers are buying much more frequently online … but also quite a lot of new shoppers are entering the market for the first time. People are getting more comfortable with the online channel because there weren’t many choices where they might have been able to go to a store before; they’ve had to go online to get what they need every day. “What that’s done for us is it’s really increased the volume that comes through our business, and to cope with that we’ve had to invest in some cloud-native solutions which are able to scale… Read full this story
- DiManEx Adds Logistyx Technologies to its End-to-End 3D Parts Printing Platform
- Monetising hate: covert enterprise co-opts far-right Facebook pages to churn out anti-Islamic posts
- Radical plan to overhaul private health insurance put forward by Grattan Institute
- Australia 'irrelevant' on global wheat market, needs to explore new niche market opportunities says analyst
- Welspun Groups family office acquired a majority stake in One Industrial platform
- The Lights Festival is coming to Australia in 2020 but the company has been in hot water for years
- Damn it, Microsoft! Here’s How to Export Your Wunderlist to Todoist, Trello, or Other Task Managers
- How does Hobart's traffic management system work, and how is your commute monitored?
- Bring a Team to the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit to Maximize Performance Improvement
- The 9 Best Google Calendar Alternatives for Time Management
Australia Post overhauling event management platform to improve parcel tracking have 324 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.