NEW DELHI: Telenor raised its full-year revenue outlook on Tuesday, despite the Norwegian telecoms operator posting a weaker-than-expected quarterly adjusted operating earnings. Adjusted earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the April-June quarter fell to 12.35 billion Norwegian crowns ($1.38 billion), from 13.18 billion crowns a year earlier, and missed forecasts of 12.7 billion crowns in a company-compiled poll. “Telenor returned to growth in the second quarter. The growth was driven by strong performance in the Nordics, combined with a growing subscriber base and increased data consumption in the Asian markets,” Chief Executive Signe Brekke said in a statement. Negative currency effects, however, offset an underlying improvement by decreasing EBITDA by 1.6 billion crowns, Telenor said. The company, which is selling its Myanmar telecom assets, now expects organic subscription and traffic revenue growth of 0-1% and organic EBITDA growth of 0-2%, up from a previous forecast of maintaining the 2020 level. It kept its forecast for the capex-to-sales ratio unchanged at 15-16%. Follow Gadgets Now on Facebook and Twitter . For the latest news , tech news , breaking news headlines and live updates checkout Gadgetsnow.com Facebook Twitter Linkedin
- Daimler profits slump as auto industry comes under pressure
- Nissan has hit 'rock bottom' as profits slump, says car maker's boss
- Ford, GM continue struggle in booming electric and driverless vehicles industry
- PI Industries: New launches in domestic market & commercialisation of 3 projects to drive growth
- BP profits plummet 44% as oil prices continue to fall
- JSW Steel's Q3 net profit down 88% to Rs 187 cr
- Ind-Ra revises outlook on steel sector to 'stable-to-negative'
- Pound falls after Bank of England quarterly inflation report; jobless rate drops to 6.8%
- Sony raises outlook on strong sensor demand, warns of virus risks on supply chain
- Ford shares dive after carmaker posts fourth-quarter loss, disappointing 2020 outlook
Industry: Norway's Telenor raises annual outlook despite quarterly profit slump have 283 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.