According to a report from the Guardian on Wednesday, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Tokyo 2020 organizers have banned social media teams from showing athletes taking a knee in protest during the games. According to the Guardian : An insider said the message was delivered from on high on Tuesday evening Tokyo time, with a specific reference to Team GB's women's first football match against Chile, just hours before it kicked off in Sapporo on Wednesday. The image of both teams taking the knee beforehand, in a protest against racism and online hate, was seen on live TV and the gesture was then followed by United States and Sweden players as well as those from New Zealand. However none of these powerful pictures were posted on the official Tokyo 2020 live blog, or its Facebook and Twitter pages, or its Instagram site, which has more than half a million followers. They were also not seen on any of the IOC's social channels. (Getty Images) Some thought that the IOC's recent relaxing of Rule 50, which prohibited any "demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas," would pave the way for more highly visible… Read full this story
- Twitter Ban Continues: ESPN Bans its Reporters From Sports-Related Social Media
- ESPN Releases New Social Media Policy Following Jemele Hill Controversy
- Alex Jones Has Been Banned For Violating Social Media Guidelines… Why Not Louis Farrakhan?
- Social media-savvy: Theatre circuits utilize new technology to enhance old-fashioned customer service
- How 'Broad City' Filmed an Entire Episode as a Social Media Story
- What's Next For the Social Media Mind Behind Karl Lagerfeld’s Cat Choupette?
- Disney Chief Bob Iger Calls for Civil Discourse, Warns "Hitler Would Have Loved Social Media"
- Facebook Bans 'Dangerous' Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and Others for Promoting 'Hatred and Violence'
- Social News 16/4
- Meet the 2019 USA Climbing Overall National Team
Report: Olympic Organizers Ban Social Media Teams from Showing Athletes Taking a Knee have 316 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.