As with many online games, Apex Legends unfortunately has its fair share of cheaters, and developer Respawn is in something of a continuous battle to prevent them from misbehaving. In recent months players have reported increased DDoS attacks on Ranked games, with Respawn pledging to take “huge steps” to fix the problem. And we now have another update on what the studio is doing to combat cheaters, with Respawn hiring more people and developing new tools to keep them at bay. As explained on Twitter, Respawn said it’s hiring “more people to focus on manual bans”, and is also investigating new ways to catch and remove cheaters from games – presumably through automated tools. Respawn also specifically addressed the DDoS problem, saying it was “developing more tools to automatically detect and stop DDoS attacks”. “Playing against cheaters sucks,” said Respawn’s Twitter account. “We’ll keep you updated as we ship the above changes and pursue new ones.” In response to Respawn’s tweet, several Apex Legends players started a hashtag called #SaveApexRanked to emphasise the prevalence of cheating in Ranked mode, and request that Respawn do more to tackle the problem. The hashtag managed to trend on Twitter earlier this week, and… Read full this story
- Apex Legends tips (Season 4) - Apex Legends guide with 100 practical top tips for all skill levels
- Apex Legends best guns & weapon stats (Season 4): top tips and tier lists!
- Apex Legends' new event is live, and it brings a fix to the horrendous muzzle flash problem
- Apex Legends Armor and Gear (Season 4) - Headshot damage and Legendary Gear explained
- Apex Legends Player Has the Worst Luck When Trying to Outrun the Ring
- Apex Legends Players Criticize Fortnite for "Stealing" This Season 2 Feature
- 'Apex Legends' Joins Mixer's HypeZone
- 'Apex Legends' System Override Event Revealed With Deja Loot Mode
- Apex Legends System Override Patch Notes: The Update Is Out Now
- Apex Legends Update Out Now, Full Patch Notes Revealed For System Override
Respawn details further measures to stop Apex Legends cheaters have 318 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.