The Ministry of Health has distributed nearly 230,000 more doses of Remdesivir to HCM City and some other localities for Covid-19 treatment. This is part of 500,000 Remdesivir vials bought by a local firm to donate to the Ministry of Health. On August 5, the first batches of Remdesivir were imported into Vietnam. By late August, the Ministry of Health allowed the distribution of 103,680 more vials of the antiviral drug Remdesivir for Covid-19 treatment at 12 hospitals, 21 departments of health in cities and provinces. The initial results showed that the medicine helped to sharply reduce the Covid-19 viral load for patients. Under the Ministry of Health's instructions, Remdesivir is prescribed to inpatients that have to use oxygen or high flow nasal cannula therapy due to respiratory failure. The medicine can be used for 10 days. People aged over 65 and those with underlying medical issues should be prioritised for taking the medicine. Remdesivir was the first antiviral drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in October 2020 for treating Covid-19 patients. It has the ability to shorten treatment times and speed up recovery for critically ill patients.
- HCM City needs better HIV/AIDS prevention policies for transgender women
- HCM City police nab major drug trafficking ring
- National Action Month against HIV/AIDS launched in HCM City
- 19 great TV episodes for non-traditional holidays
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- Snakebites kill 45,000 people every year. So why isn’t it healthcare priority?
- 1,200 people take oral prophylaxis to reduce risk of HIV infection
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- Experts optimistic on Vietnam’s M&A scene
- DJB says 98% water samples it collected are ‘fit’ for drinking
More Remdesivir vials distributed to HCM city for Covid-19 treatment have 263 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 8, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.