NBC's Mike Tirico and Tony Dungy were both on the air Sunday night as Gruden's controversy over racial emails ten years ago took over the discussion on Sunday Night Football . As of Sunday night, only Gruden's email to NFLPA President DeMaurice Smith, in which he said Smith had lips like "michellin tires," was publicly known. However, Gruden had previously told the Wall Street Journal that he often refers to people who are liars as "rubber lipped," and that was how he came to use that term with Smith. That explanation seemed to work for Dungy. "We heard Jon Gruden say he addressed this. He gave his side of it. He said that it wasn't racial, that he was making a comment about DeMaurice Smith, and he basically attacked his character," Dungy explained. "I will accept that and just say that it was an immature way to do it. It wasn't the right way to do it. But it was 10 years ago. And I'm not going to chalk everything up to racism. I think we accept his apology, move forward, and move on with his team." Tirico, who was working with Gruden at ESPN when the email to Smith was… Read full this story
- Bryan Colangelo story 'great for the NBA,' according to ESPN's Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser
- Zach Johnson blasts carnage at U.S. Open; USGA admits greens were too fast
- In wake of transfers, new Alabama lineman ready to earn spot
- Flint's Boro move hasn't gone down well in Bristol
- Playbook: Trump takes on the G7
- Athletes greeted with bright sunshine at Eagle River Triathlon
- Playbook: Inside the House GOP's big immigration meeting
- NCL SPECIAL: Collins steers Saints to victory over Brixworth
- Restored World War II B-29 bomber thrills crowd at Burke Lakefront Airport (photos, video)
- Trump praises Kim Jong Un's authoritarian rule, says 'I want my people to do the same'
Tony Dungy, Mike Tirico Blasted for Defending Jon Gruden have 328 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.