Go home and stay home. That was the simple message echoing around the world Sunday as successive national governments raced to meet the challenge posed by a new, mutated coronavirus strain. Scientists want to determine the threat posed by the strain known as Omicron — particularly whether it can evade existing vaccines. Several countries have also announced plans to restrict travel from southern Africa, where it was first detected, including key travel hub Qatar, the United States, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the Netherlands. New York State has already declared a state of emergency over the Omicron variant, despite the fact 100 percent of New York's sampled cases in the last two weeks were the Delta variant of the virus, as Breitbart News reported . In the UK, Prime Minister Boris Johnson ordered an immediate return to compulsory wearing of masks – indoors and out. Return of Mandatory Masks: Boris Johnson Announces 'Tighter Rules' in Response to Omicron Variant https://t.co/96VgFOnOZS — Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 27, 2021 The strictest international response is found in Israel, which said Sunday it would close its borders to all foreigners in a bid to curb the spread of the variant — just four weeks after… Read full this story
- Husain Haqqani: 'Pakistani military fears ethno-linguistic identities'
- Live Updates: National Weather Service Says Texas Storm Is "Beyond Anything Experienced"
- California faces a crossroads on the path to 100% clean energy
- The smoking gun? US military releases footage they claim shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded mine from a stricken oil tanker after Tehran denies 'baseless' Pompeo claims it was behind the attack
- Oscars: Examining The Expanded International Feature Film Shortlist Possibilities
- Hardline Eurosceptic Tories warn Boris Johnson not to 'betray' them on Brexit as they say they will not vote for a re-hashed version of Theresa May's deal
- Trump is right to shake up NATO
- Fresh thinking to respond to climate change
- Failure to restructure will mean annihilation — Obiora Okonkwo
- Inside Trump’s Disastrous ‘Secret’ Drug War Plans for Central America
No Entry: Global Borders Slam Shut as Coronavirus Variant Fears Rise have 326 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.