A cruise ship from the Princess Cruise line docked in San Francisco on Thursday after random COVID testing of a quarter of the passengers revealed 12 positives on board. The 10-day cruise to Mexico is one of the nearly 100 cruise ships under investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because of COVID cases as of Thursday . The 12 passengers, all vaccinated, are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms, according to a statement from the Port of San Francisco. A Princess Cruises spokesperson told The Associated Press the vaccination rate on the ship was “approaching 100 percent.” The Omicron variant has caused concern in the world of cruise ships, as the variant has proven to be more transmissible among those who are vaccinated than past variants. Last week, the CDC recommended that all Americans should avoid cruise ships until Omicron and COVID at large subsides, prompting responses from several cruise lines highlighting the safety standards the industry is being held to. Of the 22 cruises that have docked in San Francisco with COVID-positive passengers or crew, none of the cases have required hospitalization, and the port said all the ships have complied with CDC and San Francisco public… Read full this story
- How San Francisco's Pier 39 was reinvented
- How aviation took off in flight-obsessed San Francisco
- How San Francisco's Chinatown rose from ashes, after decades of struggle
- How radio filled San Francisco's airwaves: A deep dive into the archive
- Video: 71-year-old Man Aboard Cruise Ship Suffering Stroke Symptoms Medevaced 13 Miles to Shore
- Apollo 11 moon landing inspired celebrations, strife-free days in San Francisco
- Cruise Ship Death: Family of Toddler Who Died After Falling Out of 11-storey Window Blame Royal Caribbean, Deny Granddad Dropped Her
- Granddad Who Dropped Toddler From Cruise Ship Window to Her Death Became Hysterical, Was Sedated After Accident
- Granddad of Cruise Ship Toddler Who Plunged out of Window to Her Death Was not Drunk, Lawyer Says: 'Sam Is not a Drinker'
- Officials endorse safety at San Francisco Shipyard development site
Princess cruise ship docks in San Francisco with 12 COVID-positive passengers have 319 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 6, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.