close Video Justice Department’s ‘China Initiative’ under scrutiny David Spunt reports on pressure to end program aimed at confronting espionage. NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles! Several experts on the United States relationship with China are weighing in after Biden's Department of Justice announced Wednesday it is halting a Trump-era initiative that cracked down on Chinese spying. The Department of Justice announced Wednesday that it is ending its ” China Initiative” program that was aimed at preventing spying by the Chinese Communist Party and launching a new, “broader approach.” Chinese President Xi Jinping, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission. Xi is said to be China’s most authoritarian leader in decades. (Wang Ye/Xinhua via Getty Images) BIDEN DOJ ENDING NATIONAL SECURITY INITIATIVE AIMED AT COUNTERING CHINA AMID COMPLAINTS ABOUT BIAS The China Initiative was started in 2018 under the Trump administration to protect U.S. national security against Chinese spying on U.S. intellectual property and in academia. The DOJ website said it was aimed at “identifying and prosecuting those engaged in trade secret theft, hacking, and economic espionage,” as well as “protecting our critical infrastructure against external… Read full this story
- US Attorney General Temporarily Halts Federal Executions Amid Review of Trump-Era Policies
- Feds Shoot Down Rumor China’s Missing Spymaster Defected to U.S.
- Democratic lawmakers not initially targeted in Trump DOJ leak probe: report
- China’s GDP Surge Is Chance To Reboot Country’s Image On World Stage
- Rebuking China, Trump Curtails Ties to Hong Kong and Severs Them With W.H.O.
- Behind China’s $1 Trillion Plan to Shake Up the Economic Order
- China expert Chris Johnson on Biden administration's approach to Beijing - on "Intelligence Matters"
- Trump Defends Using ‘Chinese Virus’ Label, Ignoring Growing Criticism
- Trump Signs China Trade Deal, Putting Economic Conflict on Pause
- Taiwan to continue front-like role in Joe Biden's strategy to contain China
China experts weigh in on DOJ's halting of Trump era 'China Initiative': 'inexplicable' have 323 words, post on www.foxnews.com at February 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.