THE MET Office is ‘closely watching’ a deep weather change that could trigger national warnings. According to The Met Office, an active jet stream is to bring a change to the weather with a series of low-pressure systems across the UK this weekend and into the middle of next week and beyond. Met Office Chief Meteorologist, Steve Ramsdale, said: "A new area of low-pressure, this time moving across England and Wales, arrives on Saturday night then slowly clears to the east on Sunday. “This brings wet and windy weather to the country, particularly Wales, and we have issued a Yellow National Severe Weather Warning for rain for this." The first of these low-pressure systems will cross to the north of Scotland on Saturday, February 12, bringing wet and windy weather in from the north and west for the start of the weekend. A weather warning for rain in parts of Wales has been issued for Sunday and there could be more warnings on Wednesday. If you live in England , Wales and southern Scotland, expect outbreaks of rain tomorrow. Read our weather live blog for the latest news and forecasts … Louis Allwood 28 minutes ago Downpours could continue into next… Read full this story
- Weekend washout set to start TONIGHT as low pressure vortex brings heavy rain and flooding – how will weather forecast affect you?
- UK weather forecast – temperatures set to rocket to 15C this weekend after Storm Diana finally blows over
- Brits face FLOODS and POWER CUTS as weather forecast predicts more torrential downpours – will you be affected?
- Torrential downpours and storms to hit parts of UK after cold snap
- Thunderstorms, torrential rain and hail to batter Britain today – how will you be affected by the weather forecast?
- UK weather forecast: Britain basks in 20C sunshine as deadly Storm Callum FINALLY passes
- BBC Weather forecast: Britons brace for hail and thunderstorms as 45mph gales batter UK
- When did Storm Callum hit the UK, what damage did it do and where is it now?
- Remnants of Hurricane Oscar to bring 'heavy and persistent' rains over the weekend
- Scotland set to be blasted by torrential rain as Met Office issues flood warnings
UK weather forecast – Met Office issues warning as FLOODING expected during torrential downpours this weekend have 355 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 12, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.