A road in the Bac Lieu Bird Sanctuary is cleaned and grass cut to minimise forest fire risks. (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Authorities in the Mekong Delta are strengthening measures to prevent forest fires as the region enters its peak dry season and forests become highly vulnerable to fires. With a total area of nearly 40,000sq.km, the delta, which comprises 12 provinces and Can Tho city, has about 347,500ha of different types of forests, including mangrove forests, cajuput forests, national parks, nature reserves and bird sanctuaries. Many forest areas in the delta are said to be at high risk of forest fires because of the weather and illegal human activities including lighting fires inside forests. In An Giang, the mountainous districts of Tri Ton, Tinh Bien and Thoai Son have 7,400ha of forests, accounting for 44 percent of the province's total forest area, deemed at high risk of catching fire, according to the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Tran Phu Hoa, head of the province's Forest Protection Sub-department, said they have instructed forest owners and forest protectors to strictly follow regulated measures to prevent and control forest fires. The province has formed 17 forest protection and development… Read full this story
- Complaints about masturbating Delta Airlines 'mentor' got two women fired, suit claims
- Hundreds evacuated as forest fires break out near Berlin
- Wake Forest fires radio broadcaster for allegedly leaking game plans to opposing football teams
- Trump wants to clear more trees to halt fires. The feds need to spend more, experts say.
- Interior Secretary: Environmental policies, poor forest management to blame for wildfires
- Man accused of starting Holy Fire in Southern California causes a stir in court appearance
- Flames from growing Holy fire burn to within feet of Lake Elsinore homes
- Flames from growing Holy fire halted feet from Lake Elsinore homes
- Holy fire grows to more than 10,000 acres; homes saved in Lake Elsinore
- Hope, evacuations increase on Holy fire
Mekong Delta takes multiple measures to prevent forest fires have 319 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 7, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.