Washington (CNN Business) Elon Musk defended his offer to purchase Twitter on Thursday, saying during an on-stage interview at the TED conference that he sees the acquisition as nothing less than a turning point for civilization. Musk said the proposed deal is not about the economics of Twitter’s ( TWTR ) business, but about ensuring Twitter remains a trusted platform for democracy — describing his vision in characteristically sweeping terms. Can Elon Musk be stopped from taking over Twitter? “This is not a way to make money,” Musk told TED chief Chris Anderson. “My strong intuitive sense is that having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important to the future of civilization.” The Tesla and SpaceX CEO railed against what he saw as a lack of free speech on Twitter, and said Twitter should open-source its algorithm to increase transparency in the company’s content moderation decisions. That would reflect a major shift in how Twitter operates. “The code should be on Github so people can look through it and say, ‘I see a problem here,’ ‘I don’t agree with this,’ they can highlight issues, suggest changes,” said Musk. Read More Asked how he would… Read full this story
- Robert Reich Says Elon Musk Blocked Him on Twitter As He Calls Out Tesla's Treatment of Workers
- Elon Musk says he is ready for India, but is India ready for Tesla?
- Elon Musk says ‘profound’ Autopilot update will roll out to Teslas soon
- Elon Musk says Tesla to use new batteries, tech at Berlin factory; flags production risk
- Elon Musk says Bill Gates has 'no clue' about electric trucks
- Elon Musk says SpaceX's 1st Starship trip to Mars could fly in 4 years
- Elon Musk Seeks To Colonize Mars Despite Dangers, Costs
- As Monica Lewinsky Considers Buying a Tesla, Elon Musk Gives Her an Offer She Can't Refuse
- Elon Musk on Bill Gates having no clue about electric trucks
- Elon Musk Supports Kanye West Running for President
Elon Musk says his offer to buy Twitter is about 'the future of civilization,' not making money have 322 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 14, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.