Last week's vote to authorize $40 billion in aid for Ukraine by Congress was difficult for many Republican lawmakers. The measure sailed through the House and passed in the Senate later in the week. Among those voting for passage was Rep. Gary Palmer (R-AL), the chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee. During an interview with Mobile, AL radio FM Talk 106.5, Palmer said there was a "bigger picture" justification for his "yes" vote on the $40 billion. According to the Alabama Republican lawmaker, not only was it essential for Ukraine's defense against the Russian invasion, but the gesture sent a message to other hostile actors around the globe, including Chinese President Xi Jinping, who has ambitions to invade Taiwan. "I know there are some people who are concerned about, you know, what's going on in Ukraine," he said. "They don't see it in the bigger picture. But I tell people — I know people in Alabama are watching the vote. People around the country are watching the vote. But they need to understand who else is watching the vote. Obviously, Vladimir Putin is watching it, but so is Xi Jinping and China. That's huge." "If they see that we… Read full this story
- GOP Rep. Turner, Tucker Carlson Spar Over Call to Send Troops to Ukraine -- 'We're About to See Debacle Number Two'
- U.S. lawmakers say Taiwan "on the rise" as they ignore China warnings to visit country
- John Cornyn warns Taiwan is "first domino" in China's quest for global dominance
- Will America fight for Taiwan?
- Biden remarks on Taiwan leave administration scrambling
- China's shock hypersonic missile test alarms U.S. lawmakers: "National security crisis"
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - GOP dealt 2022 blow, stares down Trump-era troubles
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by ExxonMobil - Biden hails infrastructure law, talks with China's Xi
- Column: Paul Gosar’s anime video of killing AOC is not a joke. It displays the new GOP’s violent extremist turn
- China triggers growing fears for US military
GOP Rep. Palmer Warns of 'Worldwide Depression' if China Invades Taiwan have 348 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.