Outgoing Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday urged incoming Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to exert "stronger pressure" on the nation's illicit drug industry during his upcoming administration, the Manila Bulletin reported. President Duterte said during a regular public address on May 12 that he hoped Marcos Jr. will continue an effort to eradicate the trade and use of illegal drugs in the Philippines established by Duterte's administration. The leader said he "would insist on a continuance of the drug war" during Marcos's impending administration, which is slated to begin on June 30. "This will not stop because of the lure of millions that will be gotten by the businessmen, the traffickers and the drug lords," Duterte said on Thursday. "This one, it has to be war. You cannot say it's just a special operation of the police or the military. It cannot be because this thing is a very sinister and a virulent activity that would affect the life of the nation," he added. President Duterte's "war on drugs" has been among his administration's most infamous campaigns during its six-year span. Illicit methamphetamine gangs largely led by Chinese nationals have flooded the Philippines with the drug in recent years. The… Read full this story
- Former Philippines first lady Imelda Marcos convicted of graft
- Philippine court finds Imelda Marcos guilty of graft
- Imelda Marcos convicted of graft in Philippines, ordered arrested
- Imelda Marcos convicted of graft, court orders arrest
- Why One Philippine Island Can’t Get Enough of Martial Law
- US priest accused of abusing altar boys in the Philippines
- US priest accused of abusing Philippine altar boys
- Duterte has Killed Thousands of People in Crusade Against Drugs, Says He 'Takes Marijuana to Stay Awake'
- Miss Philippines, Catriona Gray, crowned new Miss Universe
- 2 dead, nearly 30 wounded in bomb blast at Philippine mall
Philippines: Duterte Asks Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to Fight 'Stronger' War on Drugs have 314 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.