SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A young man from Sacramento has died after he was pulled from the American River over the weekend. The incident happened Saturday afternoon, east of Ancil Hoffman Park. Exactly what led up to the man going under is unclear. READ MORE: Cousins From Ceres Killed In Modesto Rollover Crash Sacramento Police, Sacramento Regional Parks, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office and Metro Fire of Sacramento all helped in the search for the man. Rescue boats eventually located him and pulled him out of the water. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The man later died. He has been identified by the Sacramento County Coroner's Office as 18-year-old Sacramento resident Omar Sofizada. READ MORE: Destructive Western Grapeleaf Skeletonizer Moth Found In Napa County On Monday, the Washington Unified School District released a statement acknowledging that Sofizada was a student at River City High School and was set to graduate in a few weeks. "He was a very kind and hardworking student, dedicated to his studies and always making sure to be mindful of his classmates. His presence is undoubtedly going to be missed throughout our entire school community," the district said. Sofizada and his family had… Read full this story
- Academy Museum Set Six-Week Film Series And Symposium On Impact Of Austrian Jews In Hollywood From Wilder To Zinnemann
- Students of Color Are Much More Likely to Attend Schools Where Most of Their Peers Are Poor
- David N. Dinkins, New York’s First Black Mayor, Dies at 93
- Does Affirmative Action Create Mismatches Between Students and Universities?
- 914 Dead in N.Y.C., and City’s Virus Case Count Tops 38,000
- Civil rights activist, historian Timuel Black dies at 102
- Parents and Students Plead With Trump: ‘How Many Children Have to Get Shot?’
- River City High School Gets 2nd Anonymous Call About Shooting Threat; Campus On Soft Lockdown
- CDC predicts continued declines in Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths over next 4 weeks
- City Hall Starved Taxi Drivers Before Their Hunger Strike
River City High Student Set To Graduate In A Few Weeks Dies After Rescuers Pull Him From American River have 330 words, post on sacramento.cbslocal.com at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.