WASHINGTON, DC – The Supreme Court is expected in the next seven days to hand down five major decisions, three of which will be huge, and potentially material for the history books –on abortion, the Second Amendment, and religious liberty. The Supreme Court's term begins the first Monday of October, and officially lasts until the date of the next term's October start date. But the court's term as a public matter usually ends in the final week of June, which is to say next week. This year is unusual in the number of extremely consequential cases it has. This week the court held in Carson v. Makin that Maine violated the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause by excluding Christian school choice from a school aid program. But with Carson decided, fully five of the court's 13 remaining cases are also major cases. One is Biden v. Texas , about President Joe Biden's attempt to shut down one of former President Donald Trump's signature policies, the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), better known as "Remain in Mexico," without which the number of illegal aliens making it into this country would be far higher. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor sang her colleague Justice… Read full this story
- Supreme Court Ruling Will Allow Abortion Clinics to Operate in Texas
- Supreme Court Blocks North Dakota from Enforcing 'Fetal Heartbeat' Law
- Why Is the Empty Supreme Court Seat Such a Big Deal?
- In a Major Victory for Abortion Rights, the Supreme Court Declares Texas' HB2 Unconstitutional
- Supreme Court Rejects Two Bids on Abortion Restrictions, Signaling End of 'Admitting Privileges' Laws
- A Year After Supreme Court Victory, the Founder of Whole Woman's Health Explains What's Changed
- With Hopes of Swaying Justices, Women Share Abortion Stories with Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court Is About to Announce a Major Abortion Decision
- After Ethics Complaints, Ohio Supreme Court Justice Won't Recuse Herself in Abortion Case
- Supreme Court Votes 7-1 to Put Louisiana Abortion Restriction Law on Hold
Historic Supreme Court Decisions Loom on Abortion, Guns, Religion have 332 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.