On Wednesday's broadcast of CNN's "AC360," Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) argued that the Senate gun legislation "paves the way in the future to look at" other gun control provisions. Host Anderson Cooper asked, "Well, there [are] probably a lot of people who wanted this to — obviously, you said you wanted this to go farther in terms of gun safety or gun control. What do you say to those who say that this doesn't go far enough and that this may make it harder to try to get further changes in the future?" Klobuchar responded, "We have worked on this for decades. And after Parkland, I sat across from Donald Trump at the White House, along with a number of senators, he said he was going to do something about background checks. I still have the piece of paper, eight times, nine times, he said it…nothing happened. After Sandy Hook, nothing happened. And when you talk to the families who have been working on this for so long, they understand how difficult this has been, how disappointing this has been. So, to start with something that's going to save lives, even if a particular provision wouldn't have saved their own… Read full this story
- Arizona blocks federal gun control measures ahead of Joe Biden address
- Infrastructure Bill Could Include Voting Measures, Sen. Amy Klobuchar Says
- Trump Condemns White Supremacy but Stops Short of Major Gun Controls
- As New York primary looms, Hillary Clinton goes after Bernie Sanders's weak gun-control record
- Democrats are pushing back against gun dealers
- It’s Hard to Sue Gun Makers. New York Is Set to Change That.
- Bernie Sanders rebuts criticisms on his gun-voting record
- Supporters of Gun Control Assail Biden Over Delay on Action
- After Georgia Senate victory, will Democrats kill the filibuster?
- Florida's Republican-controlled Legislature passes "anti-riot" bill amid racial unrest
Klobuchar: Senate Gun Bill 'Paves the Way' for Other Gun Control Measures have 317 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.