On Wednesday's broadcast of CNN's "AC360," Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) argued that the Senate gun legislation "paves the way in the future to look at" other gun control provisions. Host Anderson Cooper asked, "Well, there [are] probably a lot of people who wanted this to — obviously, you said you wanted this to go farther in terms of gun safety or gun control. What do you say to those who say that this doesn't go far enough and that this may make it harder to try to get further changes in the future?" Klobuchar responded, "We have worked on this for decades. And after Parkland, I sat across from Donald Trump at the White House, along with a number of senators, he said he was going to do something about background checks. I still have the piece of paper, eight times, nine times, he said it…nothing happened. After Sandy Hook, nothing happened. And when you talk to the families who have been working on this for so long, they understand how difficult this has been, how disappointing this has been. So, to start with something that's going to save lives, even if a particular provision wouldn't have saved their own… Read full this story
- San Jose Officials To Vote On Tougher Local Gun Control Measures In Wake Of VTA Mass Shooting
- 4 Senate Gun Measures Fail After Orlando Shooting
- Senate parliamentarian clears way for Democrats to use reconciliation for infrastructure bill
- After Senate paves way for COVID-19 relief, what happens next?
- Marijuana legalization successes pave way for national conversation on drug laws: Experts
- Gun Control: San Jose City Council Set To Approve Mandatory Insurance, Annual Fees A Month After VTA Shooting
- Guns At Church Bill Teed Up
- San Jose Approves Nation’s 1st Mandatory Gun Liabililty Insurance, Annual Fees
- Sen. Klobuchar, Bipartisan Group Request Mask Requirement Update From CDC And TSA For Fully Vaccinated Travelers
- Senate Blocks Drive for Gun Control
Klobuchar: Senate Gun Bill 'Paves the Way' for Other Gun Control Measures have 330 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.