Tata Consultancy Services ( TCS ) reportedly seems set to roll out chip-based e-passports by the end of the year. According to a report in Economic Times (ET), TCS is also setting up a new command and control centre with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) as well as new data centre to support the backend requirements of the project. Earlier this year, the ministry renewed its 10-year PSK deal worth over Rs 6,000 crore with TCS. This is part of the second phase of the passport project that the company bagged from the government. This passport project is said to be the country’s largest mission-critical e-governance programme till date. Here’s a ready reckoner on e-passports and the recent updates on the rollout. What is an e-passport At first glance, an e-passport looks just like a regular passport. However, an e-passport comes fitted with a small electronic chip, something similar to as seen on a driver's licence. The microchip stores all the information that is printed on your passport including name, date of birth, address and other details. The microchip will help immigration authourities to quickly verify details of a traveller. The e-passport has an embedded Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)… Read full this story
- 'Check before you travel!' Urgent passport warning as Brexit changes hit
- Union Budget 2022: E-Passport to be Issued in 2022-23, Says FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- What does 5G rollout implementation partnership with Airtel mean for TCS?
- From digital currency to e-passports, Budget 2022 opens up more opportunities for Indian IT sector
- India Union Budget 2022 | e-passports with embedded chip to be rolled out this year
- Union Budget 2022: E-Passports With Embedded Chip to Be Rolled Out in 2022-23
- Indian government projects: How TCS cracked the code
- TCS is turning Covid-19 into its biggest opportunity
- E-passports will be issued from 2023; infrastructure status for data centre, energy storage system
- TCS to expand New Jersey operations, hire 1,000 employees
tcs: TCS to rollout chip-based passports by the end of this year: What are e-passports and all that will change have 309 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.