Welcome to Edition 5.05 of the Rocket Report! Don’t look now, but we could be fewer than four weeks away from the launch of NASA’s Space Launch System rocket. I have covered this booster for a dozen years and I’m so ready for this to finally happen. I’ve got plenty of coverage planned in the weeks ahead. As always, we welcome reader submissions , and if you don’t want to miss an issue, please subscribe using the box below (the form will not appear on AMP-enabled versions of the site). Each report will include information on small-, medium-, and heavy-lift rockets as well as a quick look ahead at the next three launches on the calendar. Georgia spaceport sues to force land sale . First Camden County citizens voted overwhelmingly against a proposed spaceport in southeastern Georgia. Then, the owner of 4,000 acres sought by the spaceport proponents said it would end an agreement to sell the land to backers of the Spaceport Camden project. Even so, Camden County commissioners refuse to give up the dream of building a spaceport that local residents don’t want, and for which the land owner doesn’t want to sell. So they’ve taken the land… Read full this story
- Rocket Report: Falcon 9 says Aloha to Hawaii, Blue Origin to abandon ship?
- Rocket Report: NASA buys a SpinLaunch, Space Force brass visits Starbase
- SpaceX launches Falcon 9 from historic NASA pad
- 'Major milestone' Richard Branson to launch rocket from UK soil for first time in history
- NASA considers astronauts for moon mission
- A SpaceX tourism mission just arrived at the ISS. Here's everything you need to know
- NASA’s Artemis I Mega Moon Rocket Test Delayed Again
- North Korea fires 'intercontinental ballistic missile' week after failed rocket launch
- South Korea launches its first homegrown space rocket as it moves towards satellite future
- Space schedule: First private mission to the ISS, Nasa will keep testing Moon rocket
Rocket Report: SpaceX launches Korea to the Moon, Georgia’s litigious spaceport have 315 words, post on arstechnica.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.