Audio player loading… Yamaha is going back to its high-end headphone roots after announcing a new set of top-of-the-line headphones featuring planar magnetic technology. The new YH-5000SE are the first set of cans from the Japanese brand to feature orthodynamic drivers (Yamaha’s take on planar magnetic tech) for more than 30 years. The premium over-ears also feature a magnesium body, with Yamaha claiming the YH-5000SE are “one of the lightest, high-end headphones in the world” at just 320g. As the SE in its name suggests the YH-5000SE are being released as 'special edition' and come complete with an eye-popping $5,700 / £4,799 / AU$7,499 asking price, A slightly cheaper version looks set to follow, with Australian dealers already stocking a non-special edition variant without some of the accessories that come with the limited edition YH-5000SE, which is priced at a still prohibitive AU$5,999. Those added extras in the box include both synthetic leather and suede earpads, two types of silver-coated cables (3.5 mm and 4.4 mm) plus a nifty-looking stand. An optional XLR cable (the HXC-SC020) which doesn't come bundled in will meanwhile set you back a hefty $900 / £749 / AU$1350. Orthodynamic or planar magnetic headphones work in a similar way to the more… Read full this story
- 6 Mind-Blowing Ways To Take Elite Dangerous to the Next Level
- Huge crowds in Iran for general's funeral as new commander promises revenge
- WRAPUP 3-Huge crowds in Iran for general's funeral as new commander promises revenge
- Best Neckband Headphones Under $100 in 2020
- The Best Wireless Headphones for 2020
- Sony Earbuds, Speaker, and New 360 Reality Audio Launched
- Where did all Katie Price’s money go? How bankrupt ex-model burned through her £45m fortune thanks to her £2m 'mucky mansion', plastic surgery and a £300,000 pink horsebox - as she is declared bankrupt with £800,000 debts
- Best earbuds 2020: the best earbuds, earphones and in-ear headphones for any budget
- The best noise-canceling headphones for 2020
- Nintendo Switch vs. New 3DS XL: What Should You Buy?
Yamaha's new headphones promise ultra-clear sound (for a mind-blowing price) have 318 words, post on www.techradar.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.